Rain Water Tanks
The Ranbuild Sheds Bega team can provide you with the right tank for your water needs, right through the Bega Valley including Merimbula & Eden and up to Bermagui & Narooma.
We have a large range of underground and above ground water tanks to suit most domestic and rural requirements and are the perfect match for your Onga or DAB pump.
Install a rainwater tank and enjoy:
- Reduced water consumption
- Wash the car or boat
- Water the garden
- Flush the toilet
- Reduce gray water waste
- Water livestock
- Reduce storm water damage
- Store emergency water
Rural water tanks are available from 5,600L to 45,000L in capacity & are available in a selection of colours & styles to suit most exterior settings. All water tanks are manufactured from UV stabilised food grade polyethylene.
- One piece moulded tank - no join line
- High resistance to impact
- Built to suit Australia's harshest conditions
- Relocate-able (No sand base required)
Installation of water tanks
Please ensure that all points are taken into consideration before accepting delivery of your water tank.
- Ensure that the tank site is flat, level & free from any rocks or stones etc, or any other foreign matter that may damage the tanks base.
- If fill is used to prepare or level the site, ensure that the surface is well compacted to eliminate any soft spots.
- Ensure the water tanks location site is at least 600mm larger in diameter than the tank, i.e. tank diameter 3.7m, tank site location 4.3m.
- Ensure a flexible connection at least 300mm in length is fitted between the tank outlet valve and the down stream piping.
- Tie down and secure water tanks on delivery either by tying down with rope or putting at least 100mm of water in tank.
- Tank outlets must not be subjected to any extra force, e.g. over-tightened.
- Overflow must be piped away from base.
- The number of inlet pipes, their sizes and capacities must equal the number of overflow pipes, their sizes and capacities.
- Do not allow the tank site to deteriorate after installation due to any form of erosion or site destruction caused by vermin such as rabbits and cane toads etc.
- If the water tank is partially sunk in the ground, ensure the tank base is buried no more than 600mm below ground level.
- Upright storage tanks must be supported on a site that adequately supports the bottom of the water tank.